We are delighted to announce that playwright, Chloe Todd Fordham, will be joining us in September at our symposium ‘Taking the Stage: Women in Performing Arts’
Chloe is currently writing an original ‘scratch’ piece, to be staged on Saturday 14th September at 4pm.
Chloe is a prolific playwright and has a vast portfolio of masterpieces, such as:
- ‘Land’s End’, her first play, which was shortlisted for Theatre503’s Playwriting Award in November 2014 and selected for inclusion in the Arcola Theatre's inaugural PlayWrought Festival.
- ‘Sound of Silence’, which won a Bruntwood Prize Judges Award (one of the most prestigious playwriting prizes in, which is held every two years)in November 2015
- ‘The Next Generation’, which was shortlisted for the 2017 Writers in Theatre Award
Her other plays include: ‘And Others’ and ‘Elexion’; and her written shorts include: ‘The Night Club’, ‘Play 9’ and ‘Girls’.
Chloe has always written in one form or another, and has gained considerable theatre writing experience from:
- Gaining her MA in Writing for Performance from Goldsmiths University
- Her writing residency at Theatre503’s from 2015-16 as part of its 503FIVE Programme
- Graduating from The Royal Court’s Young Writers Programme
- Attending Kenyon College’s Playwright’s Conference in Ohio (more information here)
She has also worked as a dramaturg for ‘Graeae Theatre Company’ - a world-class theatre and training for D/deaf and disabled artists - where she worked as a Literary Manager leading an artist development programme for playwrights.
Chloe is currently an Associate at Sphinx Theatre Company.
You can already tell I’m sure, that just from where Chloe has studied, what she has experienced and accomplished; her new and fresh original Scratch piece will be incredible - you are in for a real treat. We cannot wait to share it with you.
We are thrilled to be able to facilitate these opportunities at our symposium.
It is with great thanks to The Arts Council and Milton Keynes Community Foundation for enabling us to make this happen.
Over the coming weeks we will be introducing the other great playwrights who will be joining us in September.
We do hope that you will be able to join us to witness some fantastic, exciting and thought-provoking writing, art and performances.
Tickets will be available via MK Gallery very soon.
Note: Information gathered from mlrep.com.